Sunday, February 20, 2005

Sunday Musings

Sunday morning and I hope God will forgive me for not going to church this week. I'm taking a sanity day. I need a certain amount of alone time and haven't had any for quite some time. My son went to a party last night and everyone else is out of the house for the weekend. It was very nice to have the house to myself. This morning, he's sleeping in and the house is quiet and going off to church and being with a hundred people or so is more than I wish to handle right now. I expect to go out this afternoon to help with a supper and that will take six hours out of my day.

On the up side, I managed 3000 words yesterday, so if I only write 1000 today, I'm still on track to achieve my goal by the end of the month. I'll still shoot for 2000 today, though. It's coming along and I'll be glad to have it done. My arm is getting annoyed at me for all the writing by hand. It's not used to that sort of abuse and I'm either going to cripple myself or my arm will get used to it again. I'm hoping for the latter result.

I've also been looking at markets online for my short stories and have sent out a few electronic submissions. So far, no acceptances, but no rejections just yet, either. Hope springs eternal. A little money coming in is always welcome as I'm sure everyone would agree.

No comments: